Monday, July 20, 2015

Banana - Pumpkin Buckwheat Cake

 
As I was looking in my pantry and found some pumpkin cans, I was going to experiment and try something new since I did not care too much about the can goods and it was a perfect trial without being very sorry about wasting the ingredients. I can't wait to try this recipe in the fall when real pumpkins come out.
   
Ingredients:
1 can of pumpkin mix or make your own mix (the mix has sugar in it, but if you make your own mix, may omit sugar) or use 2 cups of grated raw pumpkin
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs
½ tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup cream of buckwheat
2 tbsp coconut oil or melted butter

1/4 cup water or OJ (if sugar not added)
 
Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Pour batter in a pre-greased glass baking pan. Bake at 375F for 30 min. Allow to cool. May use confectioner's sugar to garnish (optional).

No comments:

Post a Comment