Monday, November 24, 2014

Black Eye Bean Burgers

I used to make a variety of great vegan burgers using of course wheat flour to bind them well. As I changed to gluten-free diet I was not so sure I would be successful in making them. Today I did adventure and using some left overs I decided to make them vegan style and gluten-free. They came out surprisingly good!
How did I make them? As I had some left over black eye bean dish - 1 cup (made with onions, tomatoes sauce, garlic, oregano, carrots) I only added 1/2 cup cooked rice, 1/2 cup corn flour (I only get organic corn flour), paprika, pepper and sea salt.
In general, I like to eat these burgers for breakfast on the days I go to work to hold me until lunch time. I serve them with a few leaves of Romaine lettuce and vegan mayo or mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment